Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Button/Date Layout Question
#
On the board I help staff, I want to do two things. Since I'm doing it on my test forum first I'll link to that board(note: my test forum is not premium, the site I am staff on is though).

my test forum

So here's what I want to do.

First, we have a Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Facebook for our site. I'd like to put those social media buttons on there. I was trying something else before, but decided I didn't like it ultimately. Plus it was causing some other code issues. Then I saw some sites that had something like this and I really think it'll fit better.

user posted image

On the sites I found that tab containing the buttons scrolls but I wouldn't mind it being stationary somewhere around here(where I put the black box):

user posted image

And the other thing I would like to do is put a "current date" thing on my site. I don't even necessarily want anything like a box to put it in, etc. I just want to be able to put the text like below:

user posted image

Could someone help me figure out how to do these things? I know how to do the text for the second, but I've no idea how to get it into that space and on that side specifically without causing other code issues.
PM
#
Still interested. I can explain more if need be? Or get a better photo for the first pic.
PM
#
Here's some info on positioning you can read that might help out - you're looking for either fixed (that is, it will stay where it is on the screen even if you scroll) or absolute (it scrolls along with the rest of the content).

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Aug 11 2017, 04:30 PM)
Here's some info on positioning you can read that might help out - you're looking for either fixed (that is, it will stay where it is on the screen even if you scroll) or absolute (it scrolls along with the rest of the content).

I've had issues with positioning in the past which is why I'm here. I'd do it, but it wouldn't show in the same place for everyone. I can try the date thing myself, of course. Where in the wrappers would I put the non-stylesheet info though?

As for the tabbed thing, I have no idea how to go about that one. . .

This post has been edited by THE SONIC CENTURION: Aug 17 2017, 11:19 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll