Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Changing avatar?
#
I've also had another problem twice in a week or 2.

I've tried changing my avatar which didn't work. 2 incidents happened.

1. I wanted to try changing my avatar which was originally a a mythological character from an old cartoon I've always loved. When I changed my name I also wanted an avatar that tied most into my new name but when I tried uploading it, nothing happened. The avatar just stayed the same. Don't know if the dimensions had anything to do with it? But before uploading I always make sure the file isn't too big. I then tried deleting the original avatar before uploading the new one. My previous avatar just showed up. I saved the new avatar with a different format name and that seemed to do the trick.

2. Just now I wanted a picture of a camera (with white background) and then wanted to have a different color background, but then I've just decided to custom my own avatar. Same thing, after finishing my custom avatar, I tried to upload it. The avatar's dimensions were slightly different than the one I previously had. Same avatar just popped up with the same dimensions as my custom one. Same thing, I saved it as a different format and it worked.

Anyone else have this issue or know of any way to get around this should I decide to change my avatar in the future?
PM
#
Do you double-check the filesize? Not the dimensions, but the actual size of the file. If it's not working with upload, you might want to try uploading it elsewhere and linking it remotely.
PM
#
It sounds like your browser is caching the image. Hold shift and hit refresh the next time this happens after you upload it which will clean the cache and should resolve the issue.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (CamilleNicole @ Sep 2 2017, 10:31 AM)
Do you double-check the filesize? Not the dimensions, but the actual size of the file. If it's not working with upload, you might want to try uploading it elsewhere and linking it remotely.

I don't think it has something to do with filesize. Not sure if different formats (PNG or JPEG etc) has anything to do with that but anyone's more than welcome to correct me if I"m wrong. The first image I tried as PNG which didn't work. Than I saved it as a JPEG or JPG which worked fine. The second attempt was with JPEG or JPG which didn't work, but when I saved as PNG it did work, both formats were the same dimensions so I honestly don't think size has anything to do it. I just used my test forum and tried uploading a full-sized image as avatar. I get this error.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to upload that type of file as an avatar or personal photo, OR the file has exceeded the allowed file size

QUOTE (John @ Sep 2 2017, 11:03 AM)
It sounds like your browser is caching the image. Hold shift and hit refresh the next time this happens after you upload it which will clean the cache and should resolve the issue.

I've just duplicated the issue on my test forum, I did press shift and refreshed and it did work. I will definitely do this again next time I have issues. Thanks.

However I tried looking to see if there is a difference between Shift+Refresh and just Refresh. While trying to refresh your Cache you can also do CTRL+SHIFT+F5, just F5, or even just CTRL+F5. So apparently there are plenty of ways to refresh your cash.

That being said, topic solved http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll