Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

hex codes not working?
#
Decided to start a new thread on this topic.

Does anyone know why my hex codes aren't working? I've tried for 2 hours last night, and today over an hour and tried everything I could think of, but the hex codes just are not working.

Anyone have an idea I can try? This is really annoying considering I spent hours trying to figure out changing color in particular background colors.

I've just changed color of text on the submenu but for some reason the hex codes aren't working for background colors for #submenu, #userlinks or .maintitle

Really frustrating.

PS. That was weird, I was going to check to see if anybody replied to this post...but it was still on my screen. I might have forgotten to post it lol.
PM
#
    Did you have # in front of the hex codes themselves? If you have a doctype in your wrapper, you need to put # in front of the hex codes.
PM
#
I don't have a doctor type, but the funny thing is most colors I've changed work just by changing the hex code.

I'm only have problems with 3 or 4 background colors.

***EDIT*** I tried an experiment. I've removed the Hex code (and semi-colon) and it completely changed color. Then I put the hex code back and it went back to the same color. I will give you the hex code of the Navigation Bar/Submenu bar.

Hopefully if someone can help me figure it out I can use what I learned to edit the other codes I'm having problem with.

Anyway here are the codes for the Navigation Bar and Submenu

CODE
#submenu  {
font-size: 13px;
border: solid #555;
       border-width: 1px 0;
background-color: #ffffcc;
       background-image: url(http://files.b1.jcink.com/themes/cyan/cyan-gradient-glass.png);
       background-position: center center;
       margin-bottom: 3px;
}

#submenu img {
display: none;
}

#submenu a:link, #submenu a:visited, #submenu a:active {
text-decoration: none;
color: #C5E3BF !important;
       padding: 7px 7px;
       font-weight: bold;
}

#submenu a:hover {
color: #fff !important;
text-decoration: underline;
}

#navi br {
display: none;
}

#navstrip  {
font-weight:bold;
padding:6px 0px 16px 0px;
}

This post has been edited by Cronus: Sep 7 2017, 04:19 PM
PM
#
background-image overrides any background-color attribute. The image in the maintitle and submenu are gradients and aren't solid colors is the issue. You can remove the image and use CSS gradients though.

This gradient editor will generate css for you:

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
wow...thanks

I have one more question though.

On the topics list where it says "x user(s) browing this forum", is it the same color as the topics list by default and can I change it?

If not it's not too big an issue. Would be nice if I had a slightly darker shade of green.

Thanks.

***EDIT*** How can I change the background color for Open Tags? The color is lighter than the surroundings which doesn't look good. I want it the same color to me more consistent.

This post has been edited by Cronus: Sep 8 2017, 06:14 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll