Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Personal Photo [SOLVED]
#
I know a lot of people don't use this feature, but we'd like to use it.

However, is there a way to change the title of that from Personal Photo to something else?

I tried to do a search and couldn't find an answer and I also tried to find that piece in the global variable lists but I didn't see anything for the Personal Photo.

Thanks for any help on this.
PM
#
Personal photos can't be called anywhere with a variable - sorry. They only display in the profiles and the information for them isn't pulled up when browsing topics or the main forum.

The title in the profile could definitely be changed with a little javascript if you still want to use them. It might be helpful to know what you're trying to do exactly - could a custom profile field do the same job?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Well, A custom profile field could do the job for us if we could remove the Personal Photo part and put the custom field in it's place.

This is for an RP site and what we would like to do is instead of calling it a personal photo we'd like to call it a Mugshot or ID Photo or something like that.

It only needs to be visible in the profile view. Doesn't need to be in the mini-profile or anything like that.

PM
#
Here you go:

CODE
<script>
replace_str = $('.profile-left').html().replace(/Personal Photo/gi,'Mugshot');
$('.profile-left').html(replace_str);
</script>

Put this in the wrappers in the footer.

signature
#
Thank you so much. That did the job.

biggrin.gif

PM
#
No problem. Because of this thread I finally decided to do a write up on replacing text, you may want to have a look if you're interested in tweaking text in other places.

signature
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll